Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Entomology Impacting My Life In The Past Semester

Hey guys! My name is Stephanie Barnes and I am junior Hospitality major. Before taking Entomology 115 I have never taken any courses related to the study of insects. I was told to take a science class so I selected Entomology. What attracted me about entomology was the diverse number of organisms that make up the insect world. Growing up, I was never really afraid of bugs. While other girls were screaming and freaking out I always found them to be rather interesting.
I am so glad that I decided to take this class. I have learned so much information that I sometimes find myself talking about entomology to my friends. Honestly, my friends are kind of annoyed by how much I talk about insects. I really enjoy watching all of the lectures. Out of any class other class I am taking this semester, entomology has been my favorite.

My favorite lesson so far, despite just learning about it has been forensic entomology. I have always been extremely fascinated by forensic science. Learning about entomology in the world of forensics was even more interesting. I find it so cool how different insects take over the body at different times. Overall, I have gotten so much out of this class. I learned so much about insects that I don’t want to stop. I would recommend this class to anyone in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment