Sunday, October 1, 2017

Insect Ecology

   Hello everybody, my name is Jeff Olson and I am a biological sciences major at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. I'm from the Black Hills in  Rapid City, South Dakota. The outdoors and the environment have always been important to me because it is vital to many of my main interests, but I also come from a conservationist background. I also firmly believe that the state of the global environment is a major problem that that we will have to face.
   As far as entomology goes, my interest peaks at its importance to ecology in many areas, my interest declines with any mention or involvement of ticks. Phobias aside, insects are an extremely diverse group with ranging specializations to find intriguing. If you don't think so, I might suggest a David Attenborough commentated documentary on any insect. Overall, I know that insects have major world impacts on other organisms like animals and the food that we eat. That is enough for me to want to know more about the world of entomology.

No comments:

Post a Comment