Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Hi Everyone! My name is Bridget, and I am a Biology major at UNL and will be attending pharmacy school next fall. I grew up on a farm in central Nebraska, so I have always been surrounded by agriculture. I have always had a passion for animals and the outdoors. As a kid, I would roam around our pastures with my siblings and search for bugs such as caterpillars, lightning bugs, or ladybugs. The Entomology class I am currently in has re-sparked my interest in bugs, especially how they interact with the environment. I really enjoy learning how their relationships with plants and other organisms affect the world as a whole. I think a lot of people overlook the major role that insects play in the ecosystem, so it is easy to think of them as annoyances. However, after learning so much more about them, I have come to appreciate their contribution to to the Earth. I am excited to keep learning more about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment