Saturday, March 3, 2018

Gabby Robbins Guest Blog Post

Hello everyone!

My name is Gabby. I am a junior Advertising and Public Relations major at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. After graduation I hope to work as a creative for an advertising agency. Although I'm not particularly passionate about entomology, I do recognize the importance of insects in our enviroment. I have always enjoyed exploring the outdoors. When I was a kid, I remember being interested in collecting cicada exoskeletons.

Now, I would say my biggest interest in insects is literary. My favorite book of all time is The Secret Life of Bees. Although the purpose of the book is more civil rights focused and doesn't necessarily educate people about insects, it still paints an awesome picture of historic bee farms. The reason I took this class was to fulfill an ACE requirement, but I am genuinely really excited by the creative aspect of this class (especially the designer insect assignment). It is also pretty neat to learn the scientific names of insects and other fun facts related to entomology.

No comments:

Post a Comment