Friday, April 27, 2018

Hello everyone!

My name is Alana and I was born into the family beekeeping business.  My great grandfather started the business in Florida.  Eventually my grandfather took over and then my father took over.  I however went to college instead.  I grew up working honey bees and eating a lot of honey.  This probably why I went into biology.  Part of biology is entomology. I am not huge on bugs in general.  As long as they aren't on me then I am usually ok.  However, I have no issues walking into a honey bee yard with no bee suit or protection.

I know from experience that honey bees will leave you alone if you don't bother them. I took this entomology class in the hopes that if I learn more about other insects that I will be as comfortable with all insects as I am with honey bees.  And I can honestly say that I am getting more comfortable with them.  I hope that this will continue throughout the semester and in my home life.

No comments:

Post a Comment