Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Ento 115

Hello I'm Haley,

I'm currently in Entomology 115 for my science ACE at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I'm currently enrolled in CASNR for Hospitality Restaurant Tourism Management and minors in business and leadership. or also known as HRTM.  I will be going to Yellowstone this summer for my Supervisory second internship for my major. When I found out I would be going to Yellowstone I was super excited, I wanted to take Ento because I know living up there for 3 months I might be running into a lot of different kinds of insects. My favorite section we learned about was the Genetically Modified Insects. I have done a project on Genetically Modified food for a foods class last year, so I think this was kind of a connection for me to relate to this through. I also really liked having the cockroach and tobacco hornworm in my room this semester because I liked watching them do random things. My cockroach always tried to push the lid off of the container I had it in for its habitat. The tobacco hornworm I liked watching it go through its Instar stages and get really big and watch it get very bright and colorful! I'm very satisfied with what I have taken and gotten out of this class, I hope more people take this class and learn from it even if they are "just taking it for their ace".

No comments:

Post a Comment