Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hello, my name is Carrie Cable and I am a Junior studying Advertising and Public Relations here at the University. I had to take a science class for one of my Aces and I always loved bugs growing up so I decided that I would try out Entomology and I am happy that I made that decision. Growing up, I used to beg my mom to allow me to stay up late so that I could go out and catch lightning bugs on humid summer nights and keep them in a jar. I have had a countless number of pets and a love for all animals ever since I can remember. Taking care of a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach came easy to me (even though they freak me out) because it was easy to maintain and I have had multiple types of small animals in the plastic terrarium that he lived in including a hermit crab, a fish, and a hamster. I never knew about the biology of insects before taking ENTO 115, but I find it very interesting when it is opposed to human anatomy. Learning about these beautiful creatures, no matter what the size, has proven to be enjoyable for me this entire semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment