Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Jasmine Franssen Guest Blog!

Hello, my name is Jasmine Franssen I am currently enrolled in Ento 115 at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I am an Early Education major and hope to teach a kindergarten or first grade classroom! I feel that my time spent studying Entomology will tremendously help when I am in the classroom with kiddos!
Many young students are fascinated with bugs and everything to do with them! With the knowledge that I gain from this class I will be able to explain to my students more about their favorite bugs. I would like to have an activity set up in my classroom for us to learn more about butterflies! I could even set up a day where we could go look for butterflies in the school yard. They would be able to do research about these butterflies! We could even have a pet butterfly! We could first start out with a caterpillar and we could watch as it transforms into a butterfly! This would be a great introduction to metamorphosis.
I think this need to have an activity like this in my classroom came from our pet hornworm! I have fully enjoyed being able to watch the process of metamorphosis come alive! Everything has more meaning when you are able to watch and interact with the content!
I cannot wait to bring Entomology into my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment