Thursday, February 22, 2018

Hello! My name is Abbie Epperson. I am a senior from Texas who is majoring in Criminology and Criminal Justice. My plans after college are to attend Law School to become an attorney in criminal law. The fact that I am taking an Entomology class is actually pretty random. I have had numerous peers of mine recommend this class to me, so I decided to enroll solely based on their recommendations. I actually never thought that I would finish out my last semester of undergrad studying insects. However, I will admit that I have actually enjoyed it. Also, never thought I would say that. This will be the one class that I will look back on 30 years from now and think, "yup, that was pretty random... but, now I know so many fun-facts that most people do not!"

This might sound whack, but I think the reason I enjoy it so much is the challenge that comes along with spelling out the crazy words. I have always loved participating in "Spelling-Bee" contests, or  anything that involves memorization, and in our Entomology LAB we are deducted points for the words that we misspell. If you were to ask me to pronounce any of these words... that would be tough, but so far I think I've got the spelling down!

I have always been a huge baby when it comes to insects- still sort of am. Although, the more we continue to learn about each of them, they are starting to become less intimidating. There are more insects out there that do not bite, than I thought :) So, that's a relief. I am looking forward to the next couple months of this class, and excited to put our final collections together!

No comments:

Post a Comment