Saturday, February 24, 2018

Yajaira Lopez-Villa

          ¡Hola Hola! My name is Yajaira López-Villa. I call home a little town by the name of Crete, that is about 30mins from Lincoln. This is my fourth year at the university. Hopefully, I graduate in December 2018 and attend graduate school! I am a Spanish and Latin American Studies double major, with an Ethnic Studies minor. My passion is creating awareness and educating those around me. I love working with first-generation, minority, low-income students, as I am one of those students. For that reason, I want to pursue a master’s degree in Multicultural Student Affairs and help individuals stay in college and find their home away from home.

          Honestly, I was very intimidated by taking this course. I am very afraid of insects! I will cry if there is anything with more than 4 legs, zero eyes or more than two eyes on me or near me. I really don’t know why I am such a baby when it comes to insects, even butterflies’ kind of bothers me. This course, even though online has helped me understand more about insects and I could say that I am a little more tolerant. Not going to lie, even though we watched over a hissing cockroach for a few weeks and I learned about their importance I don’t think I will ever be okay with having cockroaches around. Granted, it does feel nice to say fun facts about insect when I come across them and my friends are around!

No comments:

Post a Comment