Monday, April 25, 2016

ENTO 115

Hello my name is Olivia Boender and the reason I took ENTO115 was because it was an ace requirement. I am majoring in family science and minoring in psychology. I am also in the ENTO lab which I am currently trying to catch 35 different insects which is a lot harder than I thought. I have learned a lot about insects that I didn't know before. I didn't know that butterflies had a different name than just butterfly. After I receive my degree I plan on becoming a drug and alcohol counselor. I have always loved helping people with there problems. Being in ENTO I learned that insects and humans have more similar characteristics than I thought. When we got the cockroaches for this class I was terrified of it and was scared it was going to get out. Well it ended up getting out and to this day I still have no idea where it is. It creeps me out that it is loose in my house but I just hope it is dead by now. I got a male cockroach for that purpose because if it were to get out it couldn't have babies. I still have no idea how it got out because it was in a container with a lid and a plate over it. Something tells me that someone is pranking me but all my roommates told me that they didn't touch it. All in all though I enjoyed this class and how much I learned about insects.

No comments:

Post a Comment