Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Hello Everyone! My name is Sydney Svoboda and I am a sophomore pursuing a degree in Advertising and Public Relations. I am taking Entomology 115 and 116 because it is an ACE requirement. However, I have found that I am enjoying everything that I am learning about in this class. I find it particularly interesting that many humans (including myself before I took this class) only know insects by the general name that is given to them, for example, a roly poly or centipede. I am proud to say that I now know to classify a roly poly as belonging to the Malacostraca Class and Isopoda Order, while the centipede belongs to the Chilopoda Class. Overall, I have had a blast in this class and have learned so much. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who is looking for a fun and hands on (only if you want to hold the tarantula, which you should because she is nice)  learning environment with great professors!

-- Sydney Svoboda

No comments:

Post a Comment