Thursday, March 29, 2018

Extra Credit


Hi everyone! My name is Olivia and I am currently a freshman here at Nebraska. My major is in Elementary Education so I took this class to cover an ACE requirement but also for a long time I have hated all bugs in general so I was hoping that by taking this class I could maybe conquer a few of my fears. So far it isn't going too bad, the whole cockroach was a challenge for sure but I was able to get over the grossness factor and the thought of it escaping in my room and terrorizing me at night. Now this way, maybe when I'm a teacher in the future I'll be able to face a bug that gets into the classroom and let it go outside instead of running away screaming. 

So far my favorite part of Entomology has been learning about the different metamorphosis of each different insects. I just think it is so cool how some bugs just stay the same but get bigger and others completely change like a caterpillar to a butterfly. The fact that something can completely changing into something else is so amazing to me.  I am just glad that I have grown to actually enjoy this class and not just think of it as mandatory for an ACE class. Makes it a lot more fun to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment