Sunday, March 25, 2018

Hello,
My name is Patrick Mathe and I am working on a Masters in entomology.  I have been in the pest control world for over 10 years if I include wildlife removal.  Currently I am a NYS Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator in 7A-( structural and rodent),7B- (fumigation),7C-(termite), 7F-(food processing), and 8- (public health).  My current job is Assistant Technical Director at a pest management company.  I really miss the work and solving the customers problems.  My truck was my office and the view was the elements.  Now it’s four walls and stuffy air.   I was a wildlife operator, with my own business and someone told me I was not smart enough to pass the pesticide state exam.  Well that comment kind of set in motion a chain reaction, and fast forward some years to the present day.  I was never satisfied with the knowledge of the senior techs, and no one could answer my questions.  So once I reached a level where the state category’s did nothing for me, I looked for the answers in books, which lead me on this current journey for my masters degree.  At the time of enrollment I didn’t think going for this degree would do anything for me but answer my insect questions.  But believe it or not it has opened a whole other career field than I could have ever imagined. I am looking forward to learning and to see what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment