Monday, April 16, 2018

Hello!

My name is Mackenzie and I am currently finishing up my junior year at UNL. My major is Human Development and Family Science with a minor in Sociology and Psychology. I took this course to fulfill my ACE requirement. I chose Entomology because I had taken Chemistry and Biology in the past and knew that it was nothing that I had any interest in. I knew nothing about Entomology before I started this course, and it has been pleasantly interesting!

When I was a little girl I loved playing outside in the dirt, I especially loved collecting "roly polys." I have been amazed throughout this entire semester with how much information I have learned. I did not know what to expect from the class, but I did not expect to know the physiology of an insect nor be able to classify the scientific name of a butterfly. I plan to work with children in the future and I think it would be great to implement this information into a curriculum. I have been overly pleased with this course and would recommend it to any UNL student looking for a science course.

No comments:

Post a Comment