Monday, April 30, 2018

Hi my name is Anna Schuett and I am a sophomore at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I took this entomology course to fill an ace requirement. I am an elementary education major, so I chose this as my science class along with the lab. I can honestly say that I didn't realize all the aspects of insects that I could learn about. I can't look at the ground without seeing some type of bug and knowing part of their scientific name or even what kind of mouthpart it has. Also I have learned the functions of their body systems, and how it compares to humans.

I think that it is a unique course I wouldn't have gotten to experience any other time in my school career. My favorite assignment was working with the Tobacco Hornworm. It is still transforming from the pupa stage to the adult stage. I can't believe how far it has come. It used to be in a tiny vial and now I have it in a large tupperware container. This report was a really great learning experience because I took what I listened to in the course and applied it in my own life. I am able to see the full cycle of the insects life and that is my favorite part.

No comments:

Post a Comment